2014-2015 School Year Orientation
Dear SSIS Parents and EC/ES Students,
As our school announced in eNews in June 2014, all returning and new students are asked to to report on Monday, 11 August 2014 for orientation to the new school year. The first full day of classes will be on Tuesday, 12 August 2014.
This year, SSIS will hold an orientation and registration day prior to the first day of instruction for ALL new and returning SSIS students. This day will include:
- Welcome to the EC/ES Programs of SSIS
- A welcome from the new EC/ES administrators: Principal Dan Keller and Assistant Principal Barbara Reynolds
- A short presentation on information for the 2014-2015 school year
- Welcome to the homeroom class
- An opportunity for students and parents to visit classrooms and meet their classroom teachers, specialist teachers, and classmates
- Assistance in preparing for the school year
- Purchasing school uniforms and supplies (as needed), arranging for bus services, receiving Powerschool registration help (if needed), deposit funds onto student SSIS ID card, and receive EC/ES Parent-Student Handbook and schedules.
Each student should be accompanied by at least one parent. For your convenience, we are dividing the elementary student population into groups by last name. Families with two or three siblings are also welcome to join other group(s) before or after your schedule. This will allow for smaller and more comfortable groups as you navigate through the school. The schedule is below. Please call Ms. B. Thuy (08 54130901 ext. 21190) or Ms. Truc (08 54130901 ext. 21191) in the EC/ES Office if you have any questions.
Here are a few important dates to keep in mind as we begin the new school year:
- Monday, August 11: ALL Student Orientation – Auditorium
- Tuesday, August 12, First day of classes, 7:45 a.m. – Atrium – (Parents of EC and Kindergarten students will receive staggered-start notice on Friday, August 8, at 5PM whether the first day is Aug. 12 or Aug. 13)
- Tuesday, August 12, 3:00 p.m., Dismissal at end of first day – Atrium
- Thursday, August 21, 6:00 p.m. – EC/ES Back to School Night for Parents
On the afternoon of Friday, August 8, at 5PM, we will email parents class assignments for their children. We will also post class lists in the atrium on Monday, August 11. On Tuesday morning at 7:45am, homeroom teachers will be waiting in the atrium between the EC/ES building and the MS building for their students to arrive. Teachers will have signs to identify themselves. Students should find their teacher and wait with them to go to classrooms. This will be the procedure for the start of the day during the first three days of school.
We look forward to seeing you at the school year orientation.
|Family name begins with the letter||Time||Activity||Location|
|A to J||8:30-8:45||Welcome to EC/ES Programs||Auditorium|
|A to J||8:45-9:15||Welcome to homeroom class||Various Classrooms|
|A to J||9:15-9:45||School year preparations||Various locations|
|K to O||9:30-9:45||Welcome to EC/ES Programs||Auditorium|
|K to O||9:45-10:15||Welcome to homeroom class||Various Classrooms|
|K to O||10:15-10:45||School year preparations||Various locations|
|P to Z||10:30-10:45||Welcome to EC/ES Programs||Auditorium|
|P to Z||10:45-11:15||Welcome to homeroom class||Various Classrooms|
|P to Z||11:15-11:45||School year preparations||Various locations|