The first Thursday of every month, the Elementary School Principal holds a parent coffee workshops from 8:15 – 9:30. This year, there will be two changes to the format for these meetings:
- The topics will be specifically targeted toward parenting and how parents can support their children in school.
- The meetings will be located in the elementary school so that parents can be attending workshops within the appropriate context.
Below is the information about our first workshop.
I hope you can come; I look forward to working with you to support your children at home.
Daniel J. Keller, PhD
Elementary School Principal
- Date: Thursday, September 1st, 2016
- Time: 8:15 – 9:30
- Location: B-310, Elementary Multi-Purpose Room
- Topic: Helping your Child Succeed in our Elementary Curriculum
- Presenter: Daniel J. Keller, PhD, Elementary School Principal
- Description: As we implement our world-class elementary education curriculum, it is necessary for parents to learn how to support their children. In this workshop for parents, we will look at ways to support your child at home. The workshop will focus on topics such as the SSIS Mission, Core Values, Key Concepts, SuperUnit themes, Approaches to Thinking, project-based learning, and inquiry-based learning. Parents will leave this workshop with an understanding of these topics, how they form the foundation of your child’s elementary education, and how you can help support your children at home.