When students depart at 12:15 on Thursday, September 18th, faculty across SSIS will dive into review and analysis of the student writing assessments that were completed earlier this month. This work will continue on Friday, September 19th. Parents often wonder why professional development days are scheduled during the school year. These days enable our faculty to do the type of assessment and analysis that will lead to a clear picture of where are students are academically and the next instructional steps we need to take to improve that achievement. While it may seem like a day and a half of extra vacation for your child, faculty at SSIS will be hard at work analyzing student writing and developing instructional goals.
- HS Principal’s Coffee (May 17): Words of Wisdom: Grade 12 Parent Panel, How to Support Your Senior During Their Last Year in High School
- HS Principal’s Coffee April 19
- HS: Parent/Teacher Conferences & Report Cards
- 20th Anniversary Gala April 14th
- HS Principal’s Coffee: Supporting Your Students with AP/IB and end of Year Exams (March 15)