For those of you who are new to the school, my name is Fabrice Bouhet. I teach Grade 1, Grade 4 and Grade 5 Physical Education / swimming. This will be my thirteen year teaching at the school. I truly enjoy teaching SSIS’s young international students to appreciate being physically active and giving them the tools to further develop their own skills.
The physical education (P.E.) program at Saigon South Elementary School involves students in 120 minutes of physical education every six-day cycle.
The 1st semester runs from August 12th– December 19th. The P.E. team will start with an introduction to P.E. followed by 17 week rotations of Swimming, Fitness, Volleyball, Basketball, Frisbee, Badminton and Floor Hockey skills.
Benefits of Swimming
- Uses all the body’s major muscle groups, promoting complete development
- Offers the most complete aerobic fitness possible.
- Enhances flexibility while building strength.
- Helps develop superior coordination skills because of the complexity of the four multidimensional strokes and various techniques.
- Is a low impact sport and therefore enjoys a low rate of serious injuries.
- Adapts as one ages and can be enjoyed for a lifetime.
- Develops swimmers mentally, through strategy, concentrations and discussions of related areas, such as physiology, nutrition, and psychology.
- Develops self-discipline, which transfers over to life skills outside the pool.
1st Semester P.E. & Swimming Schedule – G1, G4 & G5
|August 12th To August 15th 2014||August 18th To September 23th 2014|
|September 24th To December 19th 2014|
We look forward to your involvement with the Elementary Sports Program.