Elementary P.E – Grade 1, Grade 4 & Grade 5
Thank you very much for your support for our Sports Day 2015. It was wonderful to have so many of you there to encourage the children and to share in this event. Special thanks to the Parents who helped.
Our 2nd semester runs from January 12th – June 11th 2015.
The P.E. team started this semester with a swimming unit followed by 14 week rotations of Scooter, Floor Hockey, Fitness, Soccer, Track and Field and Gymnastic.
Teaching the value of teamwork, competition, character and selflessness
PE instruction at Saigon South International School is sequential and planned to develop and improve performance skills, to impart knowledge and concepts relevant to the activity, to introduce information concerning the fitness and health benefits of regular exercise and to help students develop and maintain physical fitness.
We also give students from Grade 3, 4 and 5 the opportunity to develop their competitive spirit with competitions against other schools in a wide range of sports including Badminton, Basketball, Cross Country, Track & Field, Soccer and Swimming.
An emphasis is placed upon:
- Developing a commitment to a team concept
- Teaching the importance of nutrition and physical conditioning
- Teaching skills which develop individual talent to its fullest potential
- Promoting respect for coaches, officials, competitors and oneself
- Developing responsibility and accountability for one’s own actions
- Promoting honesty, integrity, sportsmanship and fair play
- Encouraging humility in defeat and graciousness in victory
2nd Semester P.E. & Swimming Schedule – G1, G4 & G5
|January 12th To January 19th 2015||January 20th To March 5th 2015|
|March 6th To June 11th 2015|