This year, we are focussing on ensuring that every child arrives to school ready to learn.
If students arrive on the campus only a few minutes before 8:00, they begin their day running down the breezeway, hurrying up the stairs, rushing to put their things in the locker, and getting to their seat without taking the time to get organized. This is not the best way to start the school day.
To truly be on time for school students need to arrive by 7:45 am. The ideal daily schedule looks like this:
- 7:30 – 7:45: Students arrive on the school campus
- 7:45 – 7:50: Students enter the school building, walk up the stairs, down the hallway, and arrive to their locker.
- 7:50 – 7:55: Students unload their backpack into their locker, take materials out of their locker that they need, and close their locker.
- 7:55 – 8:00: Students enter the classroom with their personal materials, get to their desks and organize themselves.
- 8:00: Students are in their seats, ready to learn, and instruction starts. While this is occurring, the Teaching Assistant silently takes attendance.
To improve the start of the school day for your child, please ensure that they are on campus by 7:45 am. This will maximize the amount that they learn every day.
Dan Keller, PhD