Successful parenting that works!
Developed from Dr. John Gottman’s research on emotional intelligence, Emotion Coaching: The Heart of Parenting presents a 5-step method that builds emotional intelligence and creates positive, long lasting effects for children. Easy to learn, and used by parents, educators and caregivers, it supports kids through life’s ups and downs in a way that builds confidence and helps them grow socially, emotionally and intellectually.
Dr. Gottman’s research has shown that Emotion Coached children:
- Perform better academically
- Have fewer behavioral problems
- Have fewer infectious illnesses
- Are more emotionally stable
- Are more resilient
- Can focus attention and motivate themselves
At the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of Emotional Intelligence
- Learn how to recognize, respond to, and validate what your child is feeling
- Learn how to be an effective Emotion Coach using the Five Steps of Emotion Coaching with kids of any age
- Discover ways to express understanding and empathy
- Learn how to set limits and problem solve with children
Facilitated at SSIS by school psychologist, Jacob Humes, participants will view the entire Emotion Coaching Video Series.
Registration cost: 350,000VND – includes 7-8 sessions and an Emotion Coaching parent handbook
Limited spaces available – only 10 participants per workshop