This is to inform you that students from Kindergarten to grade 5 will have their Annual Health Screening at school starting from October 05th , 2016. The program includes Height, Weight, B.M.I, vision and hearing acuity screenings. The screenings will help determine how the children are growing and identify possible physical deficits that may affect their learning. Also, the health screening is not considered diagnostic and should not take the place of an annual check-up for your child.
After the screening, you will receive a complete report within a month from the screening date. In the event of any findings that may be of concern, your child should have a consultation with his / her physician for further assessment.
Following are the screening programs for grade levels:
|Kindergarten||Grade 01||Grade 02||Grade 03||Grade 04||Grade 05|
Grades 1 – 5: please note that color vision and near vision will be tested on request.
- BMI screening: Measurement of your child ‘s height and weight will be calculated using CDC – BMI calculator for child and teen at http://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/dnpabmi/Calculator.aspx?CalculatorType=Metric
- Distant vision screening: Each student is screened using a ten-foot Snellen symbol or letter chart.
- Near vision screening: A 16-inch card is used to check near vision acuity.
- Color vision acuity is screened with Color Vision Testing Made Easy discs.
- Hearing acuity: Student is presented with various sound levels through earphones, using an Audiometer. Hearing is tested with 25dB in both ears at 1000, 2000 and 4000 Hz.
In case you have special requests for your child‘s health screening or don’t want him / her to take part this program, please feel free to contact the SSIS Nurse at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (848) 5 413 0901 – ext # 11070.
We would appreciate your kind cooperation and look forward to hearing from you if you have any concerns.
Thu Nguyen, ES & MS Nurse
Tel : (848) 5 413 0901 Ext # 11070
Email : email@example.com