Thanks to all who were able to attend this morning’s ES principal’s coffee morning. The parents gave great feedback on the event which focused on problem-solving via logic puzzles, three-act tasks, and number talks.
- math is not just memorizing
- learn to teach my young kids an interesting way to think of math
- learning math now is totally different than how I learned it.
- math is not all about numbers and counting. Its also about patterns.
- I can learn math from my daughter
- How might you use what you learned today when you see your child tonight?
- Spend 5 minutes at least with my child to play math games
- I will practice counting up and down with my child
- We will make dinner together. My child will use kitchen tools to measure
- My kids will count money
- I will make math fun.
- We will cook together
- I will let him play in the kitchen
- I will use numbers with my son everytime and let him learn to solve problems by himself, even when it isn’t mathematics.
- I will try the chicken and cow problem with my daughter
- We will play and count with blocks together.
The slides from the presentation can be found here