Dear SSIS Parents,
At SSIS, we teach to the head, the heart and the hand and we are committed to “the intellectual and personal development” of every student (Mission Statement). I wish to invite you to a Parent Coffee on Student Achievement on Thursday, November 8, at 8:15 AM in the Auditorium. At this coffee, we will share information on our students’ performance.
Mr. Chadwell, Curriculum Director, will share our student achievement (grades 3-12) on standardized tests as compared to US and worldwide standards. Mr. Foster, Director of the University Guidance Office will describe our students’ excellent results in college placement in 2018. We will also share student achievement in other areas of the program.
As a preview, here are some interesting data points:
- 6 SSIS students attended the World Mathematics Championship Qualifier SWA in Jakarta last month. These students won the entire competition and 5 students qualified for the finals of the World Mathematics Championships at Trinity College, University of Melbourne this December.
- Of the 44 students who took the IB Diploma in 2018, 100 % passed.
- 198 AP exams were successfully taken by SSIS students.
- Our students hosted TEDx this October and accommodated the participation of students from other international schools in HCMC.
- SSIS is hosting the first ever VEX robotics tournament in January and our students are training other teams in HCMC local schools so that they too can participate.
- Our SSIS students built their second house last summer in Ben Tre.
- Students who run Project See Again helped to raise 120,000 USD$ this year to help poor Vietnamese families receive eye surgery.
I hope you can join us for this coffee so that you can celebrate our students’ successes and learn what we are working on this year.
I look forward to speaking with you on Thursday, November 8.
Dr. Catriona Moran
Head of School