The middle school is ready to welcome all returning and new students to SSIS. Due to our growing size, we need to have 2 sessions. Grade 6 students and parents will start at 12:30 in the auditorium. Grades 7 and 8 students and parents will start at 1:00 in the auditorium. Please see the full schedule below.
Attendance at orientation and registration day is mandatory for all students, new and returning. It is also required for each middle school student to be accompanied by at least one parent. Uniforms are optional for students. Students do not need to bring their laptops to orientation.
Orientation will include the following activities:
- A welcome by the Head of School and Middle School principal
- A parent and student session with advisors
- Time for parents to take care of important start of the year business
- An in-depth orientation session for students with their advisors
- 2:30-3:00 session for parents new to SSIS (in the MS Library)
Tuesday, August 6
|15 min.||Welcome to Parents and Students||Parents and Students||Auditorium|
|30 min.||Parents and Student to Advisory Class: Info about Grade Level, Division||Parents and Students||Advisory classrooms|
|1 hr||Advisory: Team Building, Locker Assignments, Tour of Building||Students||Advisory classrooms|
|All Parents – Registration Requirements: School ID, PowerSchool Updates, Food Service, Bus Service, Uniforms, Laptop Form, etc.||
|Various location around campus|