Dear SSIS Parents and Community Members,
Today was the first day of the Department of Education and Training directive that all students in Ho Chi Minh City take study leave this week. We realize that this is an unexpected adjustment for our families, but I want to assure you that there will be no gap in learning for your children.
Earlier this afternoon, you received communication from your child’s principal detailing the plans for Virtual School. I am confident that Virtual School will allow us to continue delivering high-quality learning experiences you’ve come to expect from SSIS, and that your children’s education will continue uninterrupted.
During the students’ online learning, the campus will continue to be open to teachers and staff. They will be reporting to work to run the online classes for our students.
While your children are home, please continue to monitor your family’s health. The symptoms of this novel-coronavirus include fever, cough, and difficulty breathing. If a family member has these symptoms then please contact your family doctor.
The Centre for Disease Control recommends these activities to help prevent the spread of viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
I truly appreciate your continued patience and support, your children’s health and wellness are my top priorities. Should you have any questions or concerns regarding the Virtual School, please contact your child’s principal. And as always, if you have other questions or concerns about this or any other matters, please contact me (email@example.com) or Deputy Head of School, Wai Mun Fong (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Dr. Catriona Moran
Head of School