Registration for the middle school Parent-Student-Teacher Conferences is now open. Below, you will find detailed information on the sign-up process, as well as dates and times. Please note, that the schedule includes both bookable conferences and open arena conferences, which you can read more about under “How Will Conferences Work?”
MS Conference Schedule
Thursday, October 8, 2020, 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- 10:00 am – 12:20 pm – bookable conferences
- 1:00 – 4:00 pm – open arena conferences
- 4:00 – 6:00 pm – bookable conferences
Friday, October 9, 2020, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- 8:00 am – 4:00 pm – bookable conferences
How Will Conferences Work?
This conference includes the teacher, the parent, and the student. Each conference will be seven minutes long. This will ensure that everyone has time to transition between conferences. All conferences will be held in the MS gym unless you have signed up to meet the teacher virtually (online).
You can attend the Middle School Parent-Student-Teacher Conference in two ways, by:
- Booking a conference: Parents book a specific time with each teacher. The booked conferences can be attended in person or virtually via Zoom. In the registration process, you must indicate if you plan to attend in person or virtually. Please note that the system will include the Zoom links with your confirmation. You can ignore these links if you are attending in person.
- Attending an “Open Arena” conference: The open arena portion of the conferences cannot be booked and do not require appointments. Parents and their children simply go to the MS gym to meet with teachers as they become available. This may be particularly convenient for parents who do not want to book specific times or are unable to book conferences that fit into their schedule.
Each child has 8 teachers. It will take approximately 1.5 hours per child to speak with all of them.
When Do Sign-ups Open?
Sign-ups open in SchoolsBuddy on Monday, September 28 at 1:00 pm. Scheduling will close Wednesday, October 7 at 9:00 pm. To schedule an appointment you must log in to your SchoolsBuddy account (https://saigonsis.schoolsbuddy.net/Account/Login). If you do not have a login, please contact our ICT department (email@example.com).
What Do I Need to Do If I Plan to Attend the Open Arena Conferences?
To attend the Open Arena conferences you will simply go to the SSIS MS Gym between 1:00 – 4:00 pm on Thursday, October 8. You DO NOT need an appointment. Each teacher will be seated at a table and parents will wait to speak to the teachers, as they become available. The last conferences during Open Arena will start at 3:50 pm. Open Arena conferences will end promptly at 4:00 pm, as teachers will need to transition to the booked conference segment.
Need Help Scheduling Your Appointment in SchoolsBuddy?
Detailed instructions on how to schedule your appointment in SchoolsBuddy can be found here on SSIS Link.
If You Do Not Have a SchoolsBuddy Account
Last week ICT sent SchoolsBuddy activation emails. If you did not receive the email, please check your spam folder. You will not be able to schedule your appointment until your SchoolsBuddy account has been activated. If you have not activated your SchoolsBuddy account, you must contact the ICT department (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request a new activation link.
We are looking forward to joining together in person to discuss your child’s learning.
Middle School Principal