Dear SSIS Parents,
I want to follow up with you in reference to yesterday’s email, where I notified you of the school’s heightened alert due to the new COVID cases in Ho Chi Minh City.
Today, as a result of the most recent developments, I want to let you know that we will return to our tightened three-layered approach to combat potential COVID-19 transmission, with a few modifications.
Please be reassured that because we have stringently maintained so many of our protocols, your children will not be significantly impacted by the following changes.
The following changes will begin tomorrow, Thursday, December 3.
Masks mandatory at all times
- Everyone will be required to wear masks at all times, both in and outside of classrooms (with the exception of EC and KG students). Masks may only be removed to eat and drink.
- Students should bring extra masks each day to replace wet, soiled, or lost masks.
Events involving parents AND students will be canceled (or postponed)
Parents will no longer be able to attend events involving parents AND students, such as theater productions and concerts. We are working hard to ensure that these events are filmed, so that parents may enjoy them online. Additionally, as a result, Friday’s Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony has been canceled.
Events with other schools will be canceled (or postponed)
Students from other schools will no longer be able to attend events on our campus, which means that students will not join games and competitions against other schools at this time. Previously scheduled on-campus activities, such as the International Schools Science Competition, will be rescheduled.
What Will Not Change
- We continue to encourage students to wash their hands frequently, and they will continue to have their hands sanitized as they enter classrooms. Our health office reminds us that hand-washing is the best protection against any virus.
- Temperature screening at the gate will continue for all students and staff. Students and staff who are sick or have a fever will need to stay at home. Students with a fever or flu-like symptoms will be sent home and must stay at home for 48 hours after the symptoms are gone. Students and staff with vomiting or diarrhea must stay home for 24 hours after symptoms are gone.
- Teachers will continue to sanitize desks and workspaces. Cleaners will continue to use the strict sanitation measures that are in place.
- Parent drop-off and pick-up procedures for ES will remain the same.
At this time, we do not know how long we will be required to maintain the tightened protocols, but as always, we will update you immediately with any new developments.
I thank you in advance for your understanding. Your children’s health and safety is our number one priority.
All good wishes,
Dr. Catriona Moran
Head of School