Dear Parents of High School Students,
Since the beginning of the month, Grade 9 – 11 students have been engaged in various activities in preparation for their course selections for next year. We want to make sure that they have all the information they need to confidently choose their courses next month, as we begin to plan next year’s master schedule of classes.
As a parent, you play an important part in the course selection process. We encourage you to speak with your child and become involved as they consider their options for next year and prepare to make their selections, on March 3 – 8.
As you will see in the timeline below, students have been busy building their understanding, and in two weeks’ time, at the High School Course Selection Fair on March 3, they will have an opportunity to learn more about the courses they are interested in and have their questions addressed by individual teachers.
In addition, you will find below course selection resources to help guide students in their considerations. Should you have any questions about the course selection process, I encourage you to reach out to your child’s counselor, to Mr. Barrows, or to me. We are all here to help.
High School Counselors
- Steve Petraglia (Wyvern), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deviyani Pathak (Hydra), email@example.com
- Kristy Finlay (Shenlong), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matt Stevens (Naga), email@example.com
High School Learning Programs Coordinator (AP and IB)
Tucker Barrows, firstname.lastname@example.org
HS Course Selection Process & Timeline
- February 3 Assembly on course selection process & timeline
- February 7 Course selection by grade level
- February 16 Grade-Level Meetings with University Counselors
- Feb 3 – March 2 IBDP advising for Grade 10 students (students choosing full IBDP must book a meeting with Mr. Barrows)
- March 3 Course Selection Fair
- March 3 – 8 Course selections made in PowerSchool
HS Course Selection Resources
- HS Course Selection Presentation 2023: Process & Timeline
- HS Program of Studies 2023-2024
- HS 4-Year Plan
- HS Academic Pathways: AP at SSIS
- HS Academic Pathways: IB at SSIS
- HS Academic Pathways: FAQ: AP, IB and SSIS Curriculum Options
- HS Academic Pathways: Students Interviewed about AP, IB and SSIS Curriculum Options
- IB Diploma Programme Exploration: Meet with HS Learning Program Coordinator, Mr. Tuck Barrows
We will continue to support our students through this process in preparation for the 2023-2024 school year, and are committed to providing them with their class schedules before they leave for summer holiday on June 9.
All my very best,
Ms. Jennifer Mendes
High School Principal