Dear SSIS Parents,
We would like to take this opportunity to inform you that the Mekong River International Schools Association (MRISA), Saigon International School Athletic Conference (SISAC) and the South East Asia Student Activities Conference (SEASAC) organizations have been proactively discussing the impact of the coronavirus on athletic and other activities.
In consultation with International SOS, MRISA Heads of Schools, SEASAC organizers, and our SSIS senior leadership team, we have decided to cancel our participation in the following events*:
- Senior (HS) MRISA Basketball hosted at SSIS – Feb 12-16 canceled
- Junior (MS) MRISA Soccer at ISE, Pattaya, Thailand – Feb 19-23 canceled
- SEASAC Arts at M‘KIS, Malaysia – Feb 6-9 canceled
- SEASAC Basketball at BSJ, Jakarta – Feb 6-10 canceled
- SEASAC Tennis at AIS, Singapore – Feb 6-9 canceled
- SEASAC MUN at NIST, Bangkok – Feb 27-Mar 2 canceled
- SEASAC Sr. Swim at UWC-D, Singapore – Feb 27-Mar 1 canceled
- MS Mathcounts at JIS, Jakarta – Feb 20-23 canceled
- All SISAC games – Present – Feb-22 canceled
*SISAC events beyond the Feb. 22nd will be evaluated at a future date.
We understand that this will be very disappointing for our students, coaches and for you, our parents. However, with the WHO declaration of a global health emergency, all schools involved believe that canceling all of these events is the right course of action.
If you made payments for the activities mentioned above, please know that we are working with vendors to determine refunds. You will receive an email from the SSIS business office within 30 days.
Once again, we thank you for your patience and understanding.
Shelley Wowchuk, Athletic Director
Jon Wrzesinski, Activities Director