We are so excited to welcome your children to campus! As we prepare for the new school year, we would like to share our school’s revised Covid health and safety protocols. Please take the time to read this important email as it also outlines our school’s Covid prevention strategy and what to do if your child is sick.
SSIS Health Office
There are two Health Offices and two isolation rooms on campus. On school days, our four-member Health Office team is available from 7:30 am – 4:00 pm. Our registered nurses are trained to provide first-aid and health advice.
We have clear protocols for managing suspected cases of Covid and work in collaboration with International SOS, DoET (Department of Education and Training), and the local CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention).
All official communication about Covid protocols will come from the Health Office.
Please direct questions to the SSIS Health Office Manager, Nicol Stevens (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Returning to Campus
Health Declarations Are No Longer Required
Health declarations are NOT required and we are not currently using the SSIS Health app. However, if your child has a fever of 37.8 °C or higher, or is sick with symptoms such as body aches, sore throat, cough, etc., please keep them at home and notify your child’s divisional office.
You may contact International SOS for supportive care and guidance: (84) 28 3829 8520.
We monitor the temperature of everyone entering campus.
- In the morning, temperatures are taken with thermal scanners. When coming on campus at other times, temperatures will be checked manually by the security guards.
- Students with a confirmed temperature of 37.8 °C or higher will be taken to the health office and then sent home.
Masks & Disinfection/Hand Hygiene
We are required by the DoET to follow a 2K Covid prevention strategy (“K” stands for the first letter of each word in the strategy in Vietnamese). This means:
Everyone must wear masks while on campus at all times (exceptions listed below). Students should bring two extra masks to school each day. Backup masks are available in all classrooms.
Exceptions when masks do NOT need to be worn:
- by preschoolers (EC and KG students)
- during art performances (song, theater, orchestra/band)
- during PE class (indoors or outdoors)
- while exercising in the HS fitness room
- during outdoor recess
- while competing in sports events
- while eating in the kiosk or cafeteria
Throughout the day, hands must be washed with soap and warm water for 20 seconds or sanitized with an alcohol-based sanitizer. Surfaces must also be disinfected throughout the day.
Hand washing/sanitizing is required:
- before entering a classroom or new space
- after using the bathroom
- after recess
- before and after lunch
- before and after PE
- desks, tables, and any equipment used in class will be disinfected at the end of each class
- SSIS janitorial staff will clean frequently touched surfaces three times a day
- SSIS janitorial staff will clean cafeteria tables with an ethanol-based cleaner between lunch sessions
- SSIS janitorial staff will use mobile UV light units in each classroom every night for additional disinfection
Reporting Covid Symptoms & Positive Tests
- If you suspect your child has Covid, please test them at home using a rapid antigen test.
- If your child tests positive for Covid, call the nurse hotline: 090 994 1100.
- If your child tests negative for Covid but has a temperature of 37.8 °C or higher or shows multiple Covid symptoms, they should not come to school.
- Your child’s teacher or advisor will call the nurse’s office.
- Your child will be taken to the nurse’s office and tested for Covid.
- Children with a temperature of 37.8 °C or higher or showing multiple Covid symptoms will be sent home.
Students who test negative for Covid but have symptoms
- You will be contacted and your child will need to be picked up from school.
- Your child must stay home until they are symptom/fever-free for 48 hours without taking fever-reducing medication.
Students who test positive for Covid
- If your child tests positive for Covid at school, you will be notified.
- Your child must be picked up from school.
- The school nurse will notify the D7 CDC and International SOS.
- Your child must stay home for 7 days and until they are symptom/fever-free for 48 hours without taking fever-reducing medication.
- The health office will notify you about which date your child is eligible to return to school.
We hope this information clarifies our protocols and procedures. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact me: email@example.com.
The Health Office will be providing additional information and support in the coming weeks.
\Health Office Manager