Dear High School Students and Parents,
I am so pleased to share this information about the start of our 2022-2023 school year. Your teachers, counselors and administrators have worked diligently to ensure that all students, new and returning, have a successful start to an exceptional school year.
Below, you will find the orientation schedule for our Orientation Day on Tuesday, August 9. Orientation includes everything from information sessions to community-building events. Each activity is essential in helping our students start the school year with ease and confidence.
Please note that attendance at Orientation Day is mandatory for all students; new and returning.
Making Sure You Get the Most Out of Orientation
To get the most out of your orientation experience, please be sure to have:
- Checked your SSIS email account and Google calendar for important information and calendar invites
- Logged into PowerSchool and accessed your schedule of classes (schedules available on PowerSchool beginning Monday, August 8 only)
HS Orientation Schedule: August 9, 2022
|10:00-10:30 am||Introduction & Welcome to the High School at SSIS||HS Students
New to SSIS
|10:30-12:00 pm||Orientation and Community Building Activities for New Students
(lunch is provided)
New to SSIS
|11:45-12:00 pm||Arrival of
Returning Grade 9 Students
|All Grade 9 Students
New and Returning
|12:00-12:30 pm||Welcome to School Year 22/23
in the High School
New and Returning
|12:15-2:30||Kick Off of School Year 22/23:
Advisory and House League activities
|All HS Students (New and Returning)||HS Gym|
Students should wear their school uniform beginning Tuesday, August 9. Because Tuesday is a special day to kick off the school year, students are also welcome to wear their House Shirt (Hydra, Naga, Shenlong, Wyvern). House shirts will be available for purchase during orientation and cost 100,000 VND.
For our first day of classes, August 10, all students must wear their official school uniform (including P.E. kit if they have P.E. class that day). The school uniform includes the following items:
- SSIS Shirt with collar
- SSIS Shorts, Skort or Skirt
- SSIS Sweatshirt or Sweater
- SSIS P.E. Kit (shirt only for P.E. class)
- SSIS P.E. Shorts (may be worn all day)
- Closed toe shoes with backstrap
Entry and Exit to Campus
- Students must have their school I.D. badge to enter campus.
- High school students will enter campus through Gate 3. They will then enter Building C and take the staircase just after the Business Office to go up or down to access all high school facilities.
- To exit the campus, high school students will use the stairs near the Business Office and exit through the same turnstiles they use to enter in the morning.
Optional Tasks for Parents to Complete on Orientation Day
- Arrange bus service (contact firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Update PowerSchool contact information (find directions here if needed)
- Deposit funds onto student SSIS ID card (find out how to use bank transfer, here)
- Purchase school uniforms and supplies (as needed)
Additional information can be found on our Back to School HQ.
Starting August 10: Regular School Schedule Begins
|8:00-9:20||Block A||Block E||Block B|
|9:35-10:55||Block B||Block F||Block C|
|11:00-12:20||Block C||Block G||Block D|
|1:45-3:00||Block D||Block H||Block A|
Schedule of Upcoming Events and Dates
|August 12||8:15 – 11:00 am||HOS/PTA Welcome Morning|
|August 16||8:15 – 9:15 am||SSIS Tech Tools for Parents|
|August 30||6:00 – 8:30 pm||High School Curriculum Night|
|September 1, 2||No School – Vietnamese National Holiday|
Health and Safety Measures
- Mandatory Mask Usage: Everyone on campus must wear a mask at all times except when eating, exercising, or performing. Students will need to bring 2 – 3 masks daily (3 if classes include PE or the student is planning on being physically active during lunch). Both medical masks or washable cloth masks are approved.
- Hygiene Measures: All students must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer immediately upon entering a classroom. Prior to departing any area, students will assist with the disinfection of all shared surfaces. All shared materials will be disinfected as well. Students may bring their own hand sanitizer or use the school-provided sanitizer.
- Social Distancing: Social distancing is not required at this time.
Additional details of our health and safety measures will be provided by our SSIS Health Office and can also be found on our Back to School HQ.
The teachers and I are all very excited for this school year and to welcome your child back for another wonderful year of learning at SSIS. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to the HS Office (email@example.com) with any questions that you may have.
All my very best,
Ms. Jennifer Mendes
High School Principal