Welcome Back SSIS High School
July 30, 2015
Dear High School Parents and Students,
Welcome to the 2015-2016 school year. The start of a new school year is always filled with excitement. We are eagerly preparing for and awaiting the return of our community of learners. This is a very exciting time for me as well, as our family has just moved to Vietnam. It has been amazing meeting our staff and learning more about SSIS and District 7. I now look forward to meeting you, as we begin the 2015-16 school year.
As you walk on campus, you will notice a number of facility improvements. Some things you will see right away include:
- new security gates and turnstiles (new student and parent entrance procedures will be shared by the school director in the coming days)
- an outdoor garden
- a remodeled auditorium
You will also likely see improvements to our elementary and middle school buildings that include:
- improved entrances to Buildings A and B
- new paint, ceiling tiles, and bathrooms in Building A
- new security cameras in Building A
This letter also includes some information that will be helpful as you prepare for start the new school year:
- Important Dates for Start of School: This shows the date, time, event, and notes for events for all grades, as well as events for specific grades.
- New School Year Orientation: This event is on August 11 for all returning and new students and parents. For all returning students to SSIS there is a mandatory student orientation day starting at 10:30 in the high school gym and ending at 1:00pm. We have a number of important activities designed to help students get off to a positive start.
For new students to SSIS (parents are welcome to attend this session) that did not attend the school during the 2014-15 school year, the orientation starts in the HS MPR (4th floor of the HS building) starting at 9:30am and ending at 1:00pm.
During the August 11th orientation, the school will be open to students/parents to accomplish a number of important beginning of year tasks that include: loading cafeteria accounts with money, picking up schedules, taking ID pictures, paying for fees/tuition, signing up for buses, purchasing uniforms/supplies, updating passport/visa copies, and updating PowerSchool information.
We look forward to seeing you at the New School Year Orientation.
SSIS High School Principal
Important Dates for High School Start of School
|August 11||10:30-1:00||New School Year Orientation||This event is mandatory for all students. 9:30 for all students new to SSIS.|
|August 12||8:15 – 9:15
|All School Assembly outdoors
Special Schedule A-H
|If it rained –out then in HS Gym|
|August 12 – 14||Swim, Volleyball, Badminton team||online registration|
|August 15||Classes for Vietnamese Nationals start|
|August 17 – 20||StuCo Class representative campaigning|
|August 20||StuCo representative speeches & elections||In class meetings|
|August 24 -27||Class Officer representative campaigning and speeches||in class meetings|
|August 24 – 28||School Photos|
|August 25 – 28||ASA Season 1||Online registration|
|August 31||3-4pm||HS ASAs Begin||Session 1 of ASA begins|
|September 2||No School – Vietnamese National Day|
|September 3||6:00-8:00||HS Curriculum Night||8:00-8:30: Information about Vietnamese curriculum held on Saturdays.|