Dear Grade 9 Families,
Due to the cancellation of the grade 9 Week Without Walls, we have come up with some other activities on Thursday and Friday (September 20-21) for our students. Grade 9 students will be travelling with their advisors to District 2 on Thursday, September 20 to ice skate (Vincom Mega Mall) and go to a trampoline park (Jump Arena). Later in the afternoon, they will return to SSIS for an overnight Lock-in. All of the events will be chaperoned/supervised by the grade 9 teachers. Additionally, the PTA will host a breakfast the morning of September 21. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help out. The itinerary for all of the activities are listed below.
- Leave SSIS for district 2 at 8:15am
- Students at Jump Arena from 9:30-11:00
- Transfer to Vincom Mega Mall and lunch, 11:00-12:30 (students need to bring a small amount of money 200,000 VND for lunch at the food court)
- Ice skating at Vincom Mega Mall, 12:30-2:30
- Transfer to SSIS at 2:30, arrival by 4pm
- Team building activities and dinner at SSIS from 4:00-6:30
- Lock-in begins at 6:30pm in the Auditorium, HS Gym and HS Basement
- Grade 9 StuCo Events from 7:00-9:00 pm
- Lock-in Schedule, 9:00 pm-6:30 am
|TIME||Auditorium||HS Gym||Fitness Lab||Fitness Centre||Music Room|
|9 – 11||Movie # 1||Bball tournament/Vball tournament||Games – Escape rooms?||Just Dance Now Competition||Puzzles/Board Games/Color/Drawing/Cards|
|11 – 1||Movie # 2||Dodgeball tournament||Games||Just Dance Now Competition||Puzzles/Board Games/Color/Drawing/Cards|
|1 – 6:30 am||Closed||Free Gym Time||Sleeping Room||Not Open||Puzzles/Board Games/Color/Drawing/Cards|
- Breakfast 6:30-7:30 am
- Students leave SSIS for home at 7:30 am to sleep
- Students do NOT return to school on Friday, September 21 after the conclusion of the lock-in at 7:30am.
Students may bring the following for the activities and lock-in: change of clothes (appropriate for school), towel (for showering at school), snacks, musical instrument, game console, laptops, pillows/ blanket/pajamas, different types of shoes (flip-flop, sports shoes), and a water bottle.
Please complete and return the bottom portion of this form to the HS office by Wednesday, September 19.
Your son or daughter was given a permission form today at lunch that needs to be returned to the HS office on Wednesday. Here is the link to the document in case they lost it.