Dear Parents of High School Students,
Registration for the high school Parent-Student-Teacher Conferences opens today. Below, you will find detailed information on the sign-up process, as well as dates and times.
When Are Conferences?
- Thursday, October 14, 2021, from 11:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Friday, October 15, 2020, from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
How Do Conferences Work?
- Parents book a specific time with each teacher. Each individual session will last 7 minutes. (please be on time)
- Parents and students attend the conferences virtually, connecting via Zoom link.
Why Do We Have Parent Student Teacher Conferences?
- These conferences are an essential part of your child’s development and success at SSIS. It helps your child understand that they are in control of and responsible for their learning.
- During conferences, we will discuss your child’s academic progress, goals, and next steps. We also discuss ways for you to support your child in reaching their goals.
How Do I Sign Up?
Sign-ups open in SchoolsBuddy on Monday, October 4 at 9:00 am. Scheduling will close Wednesday, October 13th at 12:00 pm.
To schedule an appointment, you must log in to your SchoolsBuddy account.
If you do not have a SchoolsBuddy login, please contact our ICT department (firstname.lastname@example.org). You will not be able to schedule your appointment until you have created and activated your SchoolsBuddy account.
If you miss the closing date and time, you will need to contact the HS Office ( email@example.com ) for help.
Instructions for Scheduling Your Appointment in SchoolsBuddy
You can find detailed instructions on how to schedule your appointment in SchoolsBuddy on SSIS Link.
Activating Your SchoolsBuddy Account
Today ICT sent an email for you to activate your SchoolsBuddy account. The email will look like this. If you did not receive the email, please check your spam folder. You will not be able to schedule your appointment until your SchoolsBuddy account has been activated. If your activation token has expired, or you did not receive the email, please contact ICT (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request a new activation link.
When Do We Receive Report Cards?
Your child’s mid-semester progress report will be emailed to you on Wednesday, October 13. The grades in this report card are grades in progress. They will not show on your child’s transcript.
Using the feedback from teachers at the conferences empowers your child to change their semester grade. That is why parents and students should make it a priority to attend the PTCs.
Please note that due to a large number of individual conferences, we cannot offer translation services. Students will be encouraged to assist parents/guardians with translation as needed.
We look forward to meeting with you and discussing your child’s learning.
All my best,
High School Principal